Skip to main content

Who’s Ready For Some Changes!?

We are in a season of changes!

 

Last year in January we left our home of 7 years and moved into a garage apartment at my parents house (complete with NO running water OR plumbing 🤣). Thankfully it was just across the driveway from access to both in my parent’s house...but still, what an adventure that was. 

The house we were renting was being sold and my parents were planning on buying a farm elsewhere. We wanted to live close to them so owe decided that we would stick it out in the “Tiny Cabin”, as we dubbed it, for just a few months before they found their perfect house and then we could decide where to live.

Well, a “few months” turned into 11 months 🙄, but we survived! My parents found they’re dream home and we’ve been living in their old house while they’ve prepped it for sale and put it on the market.

 

Buying isn’t an option for us, because we took our chimney business full-time in November (which has been amazing!) and we don’t have enough full-time history to get a loan. So we will rent for the next year or two before we decide to buy a house, or possibly build on my parent’s property. 

 

It’s an exciting process, and I’ve been completely at peace with where God has led us thus far.

 

We are a somewhat high-needs family in terms of rental need: we have two dogs, need a yard for them, need workspace and storage for the business, need 2 bedrooms for my nanny job, plus having a low enough rent that we can save as much as we’d like to. It started out looking like we were going to have to start making compromises...mainly in price 😑. We sent out an email to our church, and in less than a week have found a wonderful rental property!! It’s exactly the kind of house we would have bought ourselves! Small, old, and quirky, and we love it! It’s a great house for our little family, including “my kids” and the dogs.

 

We move in June 1st!

God’s provision for us has been so evident through this entire experience, and I’m so thankful for the love of such a wondeful Father.

 

But, it is a lot smaller than we’re been used to. We put a lot of our stuff in storage (big shout out to Mom and Dad and Jonathan and Heidi for letting us utilize your space for our junk! 😂) when we first moved into the “Tiny Cabin”, with the idea that we would be moving into a much bigger space “any day now”. So, as soon as we found a home I started busily working on ridding our lives of all the unnecessary things we own. During this process I’ve learned 3 things:

 

  1. We tend to keep things just because we have the space 🙄

 

  1. I’m great at letting go and decluttering all areas of my life 🙌🏼👏🏼

 

  1. John is a closet hoarder...😤

 

So, as of right now, most of the areas I manage in our life are slimmed down and as efficient as they can be....however we still have some work to do on John...and his areas. Apparently, nothing tests your marriage more than 5 year old ball of rope that someone is saving for “just in case”... 

 

I’m so very excited about our move! We have so many possibilities and challenges of living in 830 sqft.  

 

We’ve been in a season of non-permanence and transition for a year and a half and I am and just SO thrilled about having a real home again!

 
 

 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I’m sorry, you think you’re not? Or just you think you’re more open about it? 😂🤣

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

John Died...2 Years Ago

  John Died...2 years ago. 2 years...how has so much time passed? It feels like just yesterday I was writing about the 1 year anniversary of his death, congratulating all of us for surviving the brutality of that first year. Regardless, it feels like now is a good time to throw out some life updates, talk about how life as a 2nd year widow is going. It's great...definitely great...well, it's ok...sometimes it's ok...actually sometimes it's awful...it's always awful...no, no, it's usually fairly good...sometimes it's amazing. I guess it really just depends on the day... I no longer reach out in the middle of the night for him. I don't grab my phone to text him about something that just happened. I don't look for him in a crowd. I don't struggle to fall asleep alone. I don't even dream about him anymore... It would seem, that even my subconscious has truly accepted that he's gone. That's good...right? He is no longer a part of any of my

Dear John

 Hey Babe, For the record, I still freaking hate this. I hate that you’re dead. I hate that some stupid ridiculously selfish choice ended your whole life…and changed mine forever.  I didn’t want this. I promised to love you forever, to choose you forever, to honor you forever…and forever freaking ended way too soon. And I still hate it. I wanted forever with you, John, I still want that forever with you.  I understand all the crazy things that widows do now. I understand why they get rid of all the things. I understand why they sell their house and move. I understand why they cut people off. I understand why they hide. I understand why they run away.  Because I’ve wanted to do all of those things, Babe, I have. I’ve wanted to take all the “easy” way outs. I’ve wanted to just hate the world you left me all alone in. I’ve wanted to force my heart to stop feeling all of the things…even the good things. Because having you missing from me was the deepest cut to my soul I’ve ever experienced

Christian Widowed Mother (34) - On The Market

     Tomorrow would have have been my 15th wedding anniversary with John, had he not passed away just shy of our 13th anniversary.  It still sometimes boggles my mind that "death do us part" happened so much sooner than we planned. And yet here I am...out in the dating world attempting to find "it" again. It certainly has me feeling some type of way, let me tell ya. And I think the past 1.5ish years I've spent in the dating world has also made lots of other people feel some type of way. "It is what it is" seems a bit of a cliched response...but it really  is  what it is. In the absence of a husband with whom to celebrate a covenant made many many moons ago...I feel like now is a good time to update the world (or my small corner of it) on how dating as a widowed Christian mother in her 30s is going. Here are some things I've learned: -"Christian" is a term used by so many men...yet personified by so very few of them. I am in a somewhat con